Committed to Giving Back to the Community
At Peoples Federal Savings Bank we know that a successful business ultimately contributes to a community’s quality of life. And, more importantly, for generations that’s how we have measured our success. Through our employee volunteers, sponsorships and the Peoples Federal Savings Bank Charitable Foundation grants, we are committed to giving back.
The mission of the Foundation is to provide financial support to charitable and community service organizations in the communities in which the Bank operates.
The Foundation is dedicated completely to community activities and the promotion of charitable causes.
Last week we were able to provide funds for the security deposit on the first apartment for one of our women HUES to Home clients. She had been homeless since 2009 and suffering health and mental health issues due to serious, long-term domestic violence. Her housing would not have been possible without security deposit assistance due to the fact that she receives very limited cash benefits.
We will also be using additional funds this week to purchase new beds (frames, mattresses, and box springs) for several clients who will be moving into housing on February 1st.
Thank you so much for making this a reality for some of our community’s most vulnerable citizens!
- Grants from the Foundation are awarded semi-annually (June and December). Applications are accepted year-round.
- Awards are generally limited to use in the communities served by the Bank with a preference towards providing funding for affordable housing for low and moderate income individuals and communities.
- Grant recipients must demonstrate Section 501 (c) (3) or other non-profit status and relevance to the Foundation’s areas of giving
- The Foundation does not provide financial support for political organizations or candidates, activities for religious purpose, contributions to individual endeavors or scholarships.
Applying for a Grant
When applying for grants from the Foundation, the following information must be included:
- Organizational summary (mission, goals, objectives)
- Specific purpose of funds requested
- Need for the project or services in the community
- Amount requested and overall project budget (when applicable)
- Most recent audit report or financial statements
- How the success of the use of funds will be evaluated/measured
- Status of grant activity from other organizations including approvals, denials and pending applications
- Information on the organization’s Executive Director and Board of Directors
- Copy of the IRS Federal tax-exempt letter
Should you have questions on the application process or the appropriate category for your request, please do not hesitate send us your questions or contact us directly.
Peoples Federal Savings Bank Charitable Foundation, Inc.
435 Market Street
Brighton, MA 02135
Phone: (617) 254-7778
Fax: (617) 254-2688